How much are veneers, what are the factors that impact costs, and can I actually afford to get veneers in Melbourne?
If you’ve spent any time on the dark side of TikTok, then you may have some misgivings about the intended purpose, and indeed the appearance of what dental veneers look like. Believe it or not, dental veneers don’t require a trip to Turkey, and they don’t have to look like you’ve just been through the casting call for Love Island.
Dental Veneers are an effective, lasting solution for a range of different conditions. If you’ve been looking to improve the look of one or more teeth and you live in Melbourne, then you may be wondering how much veneers cost in Melbourne and the factors that impact pricing.
If so, you’re in the right place. In this article, we’ll run through costs, pricing, and the factors that you should consider when getting dental veneers to help you make the right decision.
Table of Contents
· What Are Veneers?
· What Are the Different Types of Veneers?
· How Much Do Veneers Cost?
· How Many Veneers Do You Need to Get?
· How Long Do Veneers Last for?
What Are Veneers?
Dental veneers are one of the most popular and effective cosmetic dental treatments to treat discoloration, gaps, damage, and improve the overall look of your smile.
Dental veneers are thin layers of (usually) composite or porcelain that are applied to the front of the tooth. These small ‘veneers’ of front-tooth coverage can transform the look, shape, and size without the need for lengthy and invasive dental procedures.
Depending on the extent of the damage and the material used, veneers can be a relatively minor, one-day procedure that can be applied to one, or a couple of teeth.
What Are the Different Types of Veneers?
When you’re looking at dental veneers in Melbourne, you’ll typically be faced with two options: porcelain and composite.
- Porcelain veneers are crafted from porcelain to provide a strong and lasting finish. As a material, porcelain is a great choice because it is extremely durable, stain resistant, and closely resembles the natural enamel of teeth to create a natural look and feel. Porcelain veneers require multiple visits which include consultation, styling, initial application, and setting. Porcelain veneers offer unrivalled design choices and can be crafted to exact size, colour, and shape preferences before being applied to the tooth.
- Composite veneers, otherwise known as composite dental bonding, is a resin material that is applied, shaped, and bonded directly to the surface of the tooth with a ‘free hand’ application. Composite is widely used in a range of dental procedures and has become a popular choice for those looking for a fast, budget-friendly alternative to porcelain veneers.
How Much Do Veneers Cost in Melbourne?
The cost of veneers in Melbourne ranges from $450 per tooth for composite veneers, up to $1,500+ per tooth for porcelain veneers. Prices for veneers in Melbourne will depend on the type of material that you choose, as well as the number of teeth that you are looking to get done.
The cost of getting veneers can also be influenced by the scale of work that is required, which teeth you are looking to get done, as well as any other work that is involved (including alignment) to achieve the desired outcome.
Price Breakdown Example
|Number of Veneers
|Porcelain Veneers Price (from $)
|Composite Veneers Price (from $)
How Many Veneers Do You Need to Get?
The number of veneers that you need to get will depend on a number of factors, including:
- Any pre-existing damage to your teeth that you are looking to hide or improve
- The number of teeth that you would like to cover/improve the appearance of
- The number of teeth that are visible when you smile – some of us have a broader smile which shows 10-12 teeth (top row), whilst others may only show 6-8 teeth when smiling.
- Your goals – you may be looking to improve the look of a single tooth that is a sore point when smiling, or you may be looking for a complete smile makeover – the choice is yours.
How Long Do Dental Veneers Last?
The biggest factor that determines how long veneers last is the material that you choose.
Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are extremely durable and resistant to stains and wear. In general, porcelain veneers can last anywhere from 10-20+ years depending on how you treat them, your bite, and a range of other factors.
Composite Veneers: Composite materials are significantly cheaper than their porcelain counterparts and are nowhere near as stain resistant and therefore require diligent care to keep them looking their best. Composite bonding can last for between 4-7 years depending on how you treat them, the quality of the treatment, and the location of the tooth.